Sunday 19 June 2016

The One where I tell you about my dad


Dear September,
This is the one where I tell you about my dad...
So I know, this isn't your usual cuddly Father's Day picture but it's one that's honest and reflective of the relationship I have with my dad. My dad and I don't live on the same continent so we don't always get to cuddle or show affection. But that doesn't stop him being the presence and force that he is in my life. I know that I sometimes get swept up and distracted and "busy" with my own life but he is ALWAYS there for me. He ALWAYS has my back no matter what and he lets me know that. My dad is the most patient and the most caring and the most amazing person, he is just an incredible human being. I feel extremely proud and at the same time, extremely privileged to have him in my life. The more I talk to him, the more I realize that there is no way I could have earned a blessing so big. Thank you daddy, for going above and beyond every single day. Thank you for being more than willing to give me your one so that I can have two. I love you daddy, from the bottom of my heart, and I hope I make you extremely proud, especially in moments like this, when you're not looking.
Happy Father's Day 



No comments:

Post a Comment